Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Garden pickings



Monday looked like nearly the end of our growing season here. My toddler son and I were out in the garden picking peas and an idea came to mind !!! While he was engaged with eating peas one by one, I could do some harvesting. So I grabbed a nearby flowerpot, thankfully had my scissors in my pocket, and began picking broccoli, then trimmed all the flowers off a tall sunflower that tipped over in the wind on Saturday night. He was still munching so I scooped up some baby potatoes that got left behind, then picked peas until he was ready to go swing. I got quite a bit harvested. Plus I learned something, it might be a good idea to leave a few empty flowerpots or buckets around the garden for when the harvesting moment presents itself

!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment